This recipe from Chef Rose Johnson of Private Chefs of the SF Bay works as a starter, a dessert or as a delicious snack!
Ingredients for 2-4 servings
- 2 lbs fresh juicy Frog Hollow Farm cherries, washed and gently dried, keeping stems on.
- I take the pits out of mine so the cheese can get inside the cherries and guests don’t have to spit the pits out.
- ½ lb Swiss Cheese ( Jarlsberg, Gruyére
- ¼ lb cheese of choice ( I always have bits and pieces of good cheeses kicking around)
- 1/2 cup semi-dry white wine
- 2 Tbs Corn Starch
- 1 Tbs Cherry Cordial
- Pinch Nutmeg
- Pinch Cinnamon
- Pinch fresh ground pepper
- In a large bowl, mix grated cheeses, corn starch, wine, spices-
- Melt over low heat, right before the cheeses are completely melted, add the cherry cordial.
- Stir gently, pull off heat source and commence dunking of cherries immediately.